- 1 qt. Chicken Stock
- 2 Chicken Breast (boneless, skinless)
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) petite-cut diced tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 medium-large onion, cut into medium dice
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and cut into medium dice
- 1 zucchini, cut into medium dice
- 1/2 bell pepper, any color, stemmed, cored and cut into medium dice ( I used Red)
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 2 cups lightly packed, stemmed and coarsely chopped kale
- 1 Package bite-size cheese tortellini, fresh or frozen
- grated Parmesan cheese, for garnish
Drizzle a TBSP of EVOO in a pot on Med/High, lightly brown your chicken, then add your onions and carrot. Cook for additional 5 mins. Next, add your chicken stock, tomatoes, zucchini, bell pepper and spices. Cook on Med/low for about an hour or until you notice your carrots become tender.
Add kale and tortellini, cook partially covered, until tortellini are tender and their starch has lightly thickened the soup, about 10 - 15 mins.
Serve hot and garnish with Parmesan cheese if you like.